Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00c
The message that you’ve encountered after installing your Office 365 product can be due to an activation Microsoft Office Error Code 0x4004f00c . As an initial step to troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run the Activation Troubleshooter found on this link. Click the Download button and follow the on-screen instruction
I have a paid for copy Office 2016 purchased in December . Ive had issues with getting it running on my laptop running windows 10 and I have had to uninstall a number of times.
Now its working however I get the error message it needs to be activated. so I logged in and did this through my Office Account. However from my account it shows I have one activated version and two other copies.
The activated copy is Office Home & Business 2016
The others listed as needing activation are;
- Office Professional 2016
- Office Standard 2016.
All three are Version 1711 build 8730.2175 click to run
The unregistered notice says I must connect to my corporate network and contact my administrator.
I’m just me at home
I have no idea why my account shows I have other copies that need activation. I have never had an MS Account until I bought Office 2016 in December
Help with this would be appreciated
I would suggest you run an Office repair as described in this article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair…
As long as you log in with the correct Microsoft account, this should fix any activation issues.
Please note that Office checks the activation status quite regularly over the internet, so the unlicensed product message may appear if the device often has no network connection. If you keep receiving this issue anyway, it might indicate some kind of issue with the connection to the Office licensing service.
Error code 0x4004f00c when installing Office
Problem Description: Microsoft Office error code 0x4004f00c generally is due to an existing installation of the Microsoft Office suite in your computer. This error is applicable with all the versions of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2013.
1. Click on Start menu and then select Control Panel.
2. Launch Programs and then click on Programs and Features.
3. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window.
4. Then, click on Quick Repair and wait till the Office program is repaired.
5. If the above steps did not help fix the issue, it is required to uninstall the office products and then install it again..
Windows 8 / Windows 8.1
1. Press the Windows logo key and the letter R to launch the Run window.
2. Enter the command “control” and the hit Enter.
3. Then, select Programs and Features.
4. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window.
it appears you have more than one Microsoft account and apparently Office was activated using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
So, please make sure you have the correct set of credentials for this Microsoft account. To avoid any false redirection due to browser cookies, please start Internet Explorer and press Ctrl+Shift+P on your keyboard – this will open a new InPrivate Browsing session which doesn’t save any cookies. In this new session, please log in to Office.com/MyAccount with the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and try to check the product key there.
Also, please check what account is displayed in the Office apps:
1. Open any Office application, for example Word or Excel.
2. Select File. If you didn’t open an existing document, you may need to create a new document to see the File menu.
3. From the navigation on the left, select Account.
Under Product Information is the name of your Office product and the phrase, Belongs to: along with the account associated with this version of Office.
The Microsoft account associated with Office appears on the Account window of an Office application
What account do you see? Is it *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? If not, please select Switch account and try to login with the same set of credentials as above. Note any error messages you encounter and let me know.