Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4
Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4: When your attempt to install Office fails, an error message typically tries to explain the cause. There are many reasons that could cause the error code 30088-4. Usually, error occurs due to the system files corruption or previous installation files not removed properly. Here is the list of troubleshooting steps to resolve the error. Follow the steps mentioned in this article in the exact order to fix the error code 30088-4. why to Check to see if the error fixed after finishing each troubleshooting step. Performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article will resolve the error code 30088-4.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Microsoft Office error code 30088-4
When you install Office, you may see error code 30088-4 if a previous installation of Office is failed. Here are some things you can try to resolve error code 30088-4. We’ve listed the most common solutions first, so try them in order.
Common causes for error code 30088-4
- Antivirus software or firewall might be blocking the Office installation.
- Internet connection or proxy settings are preventing from installing Office.
- Pre-existing version of an Office suite is blocking the installation.
- Incomplete\partial\failed repair\installation\change\removal of a previous Office suite can prevent from installing a newer version.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the error code 30088-4
1 – Repair your Office app
error code 30088-4 will be fixed when Office repair tool replaces all the corrupted system files. Follow the steps below to run repair tool to fix the error.
- Open Control Panel using Start.
- Programs and select Programs and Features.
- on the Office product that you want to repair.
- Click Change.
- Select Quick Repair and click on Repair. If Quick Repair didn’t fix the error code 30088-4, select Online Repair and click on Repair.
Note: If Office Repair did not fix the error, remove and reinstall the Office Suite to fix the error code 30088-4.
2 – Steps to remove Office
In case if the error persists even after running Office repair tool, uninstall Office from your computer.
- Open Control Panel using Start
- Click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Select Office Suite and click on Remove.
Note: If Office uninstallation failed or it didn’t fix the error, a manual uninstallation is required to completely remove the Office Suite.
3 – Steps to remove Office manually to fix the error code 30088-4
If the error code 30088-4 is re-occurring, proceed with the following steps to manually remove Office program from your computer.
Step 1: Remove the Windows Installer packages
- Find the Office 16 installation folder, typically located in C:\Program Files\.
- Right-click the Microsoft Office 16folder and select Delete.
Step 2: Remove the Office scheduled tasks
- That’s why a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
Step 3: Use Task Manager to end the Click-to-Run tasks
- Open Task Manager.
- Click the Processtab
- If the following processes are running, right-click each one, and then click End taskafter you select each process.
Step 4: Delete the Office files
- Press Windows logo key + R to open the Rundialog box.
- In the Openbox, type %ProgramFiles%, and then click OK.
- Delete the “Microsoft Office 16” folder.
- Delete the “Microsoft Office” folder.
- Open the Rundialog box, type %ProgramFiles(x86)%, and then click OK.
- Delete the “Microsoft Office” folder.
Step 5: Delete the Office registry sub keys
- Open Registry Editor.
- Because the following registry subkeys:
Step 6: Delete the Start menu shortcuts
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and then press Enter.
- Delete the “Microsoft Office 2016 Tools” folder.
4 – Download and install Office
1. Sign in to your My Account page using the link
2. Choose Install.
3. Click Run or the equivalent depending on the browser you’re using.
4. When you see “You’re good to go”, click All done.
because Error code 30088-4: This article contains the troubleshooting steps to fix the error code 30088-4. If you have reached here after following all the above mentioned troubleshooting steps. If error still unresolved, you may contact Help desk for further assistance in troubleshooting error code 30088-4.